Sunday, October 30, 2011

This Week I Wore Foundation


This week I wore foundation.

This not something a usually do but product testing is a requirement for the Avon Lady.

This is what I used:
Avon Flawless Ideal Shade Makeup in Soft Honey

 
When I ordered it I was unsure of what shade I should get since I was ordering foundation through the mail.  There are a few things I know about myself by now. 

1.    When choosing foundation shades I always seem to think my skin is darker than it really is.  Knowing this I forced myself to choose lighter.
2.    If the color was wrong I could easily return it and start over.

Well, I lucked out because from what I can tell the color matches me well.

This is what I learned:

1.     A little goes a long way.  I initially used too much and so I had to blot it with a baby wipe.  This worked well in lieu of a makeup sponge.  I guess I was a little unprepared.
2.    The product worked well providing even coverage that was a good base for my regular makeup application.  When I applied my usual blush it went on the way it usually does and when I applied my lipstick I liked the more pronounced outline that the foundation provided.

I'm sure that there are those of you out there who go through this process every day but I rarely do.  I was pleasantly surprised my how easy it was, that my skin felt really good to the touch and looked good.

To help with the process I'm attaching this link to a tutorial from makeup artist Paul Innis.  Maybe next time I'll try a brush.


 
Tracy the Avon Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment